St Joseph’s Catholic Academy is a Christian community where respect and co-operation are reflected in everything we do.
‘Caritas Christi Urget Nos’
‘The love of Christ spurs us on’
Faith Learning Attitude Mutual respect Enrichment
Have FAITH in God, yourself and others
Be ready to LEARN by engaging in the classroom every day
Rise to challenges with a positive ATTITUDE
RESPECT our school community and support and celebrate others
Engage in ENRICHMENT and charity work
School Mission Statement
Inspired by God’s love and aspiration that each member of our school community lives life to the full, we commit ourselves to the following aims:
Prayer, learning and humour
- We will create opportunities for prayer and spiritual development which are relevant to our community and the world in which we live.
- We will create an inspiring learning environment through which our curriculum will be delivered in exciting and motivating ways.
- We will promote enjoyment and happiness through supportive interpersonal relationships and quality enrichment activities.
Hard work, faith and friendship
- We will develop positive attitudes to learning so that students are able to meet challenges with resilience and go on to make outstanding progress.
- We will promote opportunities which make connections between faith and life, exploring both the Catholic faith and the diversity of other faiths in our community and the world.
- We will create a supportive and caring community which is attentive and responsive to the needs of all, especially those who are vulnerable.
- We will respect one another and uphold the school’s policies and practices which underpin our learning community.
Use our gifts, encourage each other
- We will nurture the God-given gifts and talents of each person to support them in achieving success both in school and beyond as lifelong learners.
- We will ensure that our school plays its full part in contributing to the many partnerships to which we are committed.
- We will create a safe environment where all can grow and develop supported by our commitment to the Gospel values of justice and peace.
Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust is an exempt charity regulated by the Secretary of State for Education. It is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (company number 09940352 ) whose registered office is at Evolve Business Centre, Cygnet Way, Rainton Bridge South Business Park, Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne & Wear, DH4 5QY.