Whole School Policy Statement on Provider Access 2018-2020
Executive Head Teacher: Mr T.B. Tapping
Head of School: Mr P Mitchell
This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the school for the purposes of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer with regard to technical education or apprenticeships. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997, as amended by the Technical and Further Education Act 2017.
Student entitlement Students in years 8-13 are entitled to
- find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships.
- understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of provider access requests
Any provider wishing to request access should contact the following member of staff:
0191 428 2700
- Opportunities for access.
A number of events are integrated into the school careers programme which would potentially offer providers an opportunity to come into school to speak to students and/or their parents. The school calendar varies from year to year so providers need to contact the member of staff named above to identify the most suitable opportunity. Our outline careers programme is available on the website. The events are usually arranged well in advance so it is essential that providers contact us early in the academic year to be involved in our planning.
Event include careers fair, careers speed dating events, assemblies and talks. Providers will be expected to meet the school’s safeguarding requirements which can be found in the Safeguarding Policy Statement accessible on the school website.
- Premises and facilities.
Access to appropriate rooms and facilities will be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit.
- Literature regarding Events.
Providers are welcome to email, provide relevant brochures and other printed material specifically related to technical courses and apprenticeships; these will be made available to students in school in the careers section of our library.
Approval and review Dates.
|Approval||Head Teacher: P Mitchell||July 2021|
|Next Review Date||July 2023|