VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy (VRQ):
- Develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the hair and beauty sector
- Develop knowledge which spans the entire vocational sector and related industries
- Develop academic study and transferable skills that will support progression within the hair and beauty sector and more broadly
Hairdressing and beauty therapy has been and remains an extremely popular vocational area that many young people are enthused by and aspire too.
What will learners study as part of this qualification?
Mandatory Unit UV2157 8- Understanding the hair and beauty sector – Online exam (end of course)
- In this unit learners will develop an understanding of the structure and importance of the hair and beauty sector. They will also learn about the products used, and services and treatments provided throughout the sector as well as career opportunities. (Externally marked)
Mandatory Unit UV 12579 – Hair and Beauty research project
- In this unit learners learn how to plan a hair and beauty research project. Learners will then produce a research proposal and conduct their research into a particular topic area of the hair and beauty sector.
Unit UV21582 – Hair and Beauty science
- In this unit learners will develop an understanding of the chemistry of hair and beauty products. They will also learn about the anatomy of the skin and hair and produce a formulation for a hair and beauty product.
Unit UV21583 – Responding to a hair and beauty design brief
- In this unit learners will develop an understanding of design briefs throughout the hair and beauty sector. They will then be set a specific design brief to which they have to respond by researching the area, presenting their ideas and justifying their choices.
Through undertaking this qualification learners will also develop a range of transferable skills including:
- Innovation and creativity
- Application of knowledge and understanding to real life examples and businesses
- Communication skills – verbal, written and visual.
Which subjects will complement this qualification?
This qualification covers a wide range of subject areas and will be well complemented by both GCSEs and other Technical Awards in related subject areas. Specific subject areas related to this qualification include, maths, English, science, fashion, travel and tourism and business studies.
|Performance points||GCSE Grade||AM20530 Grade|